Working at Broadway Rose
Broadway Rose has a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. Staff members are creative and enjoy working with each other as well as having contact with local and national actors, directors, and artistic personnel. We strive to cultivate and promote an approachable and friendly atmosphere among our staff, donors, and patrons.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company’s mission is to create unparalleled musical theater experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities. We have been producing professional musical theater in Tigard, OR since 1992. We’re the largest non-profit professional musical theater company in the Portland metro area. Our season includes six mainstage musicals and three youth musicals. Our youth outreach includes drama camps and classes, free school performances, a student technical internship program and subsidized tickets.
Broadway Rose is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Assistant Patron Services Manager
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Patron Services Manager
Broadway Rose Theatre Company seeks an assistant Patron Services Manager to assist with box office operations. The Assistant Patron Services Manager oversees the Tessitura database and reporting projects; assists in volunteer management; executes season subscription rollovers and maintenance; sells single and season tickets; manages current software and hardware IT needs, and makes recommendations. The Assistant Patron Services Manager reports directly to the Patron Services Manager, but also works closely with the development, production and marketing staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with BRTC staff on Tessitura updates and upgrades.
• Work with the patron services manager to execute season roll over, and manage season subscription renewals.
• Be the Tessitura database expert for the marketing department as it pertains to campaign set up, reporting, and management of the database.
• Oversee all contact updates, including National Change of Address (NCOA) processing.
• Handle all trade requests, vendor requests, mailing lists, etc.
• Produce reports, extractions, and analyses of sales; lead lists for mailings and emails, telemarketing, etc.
• Handle all merging of duplicated constituent records as well as create/split household records.
• Respond to email black listings as needed.
• Manage BRTC hardware and software needs, and make recommendations.
• Troubleshoot IT issues, including but not limited to: the server, network, Internet and DHCP phones.
• Work with Pavelcomm to keep basic systems working including the phone system and the server, and keep executive director informed of IT needs.
• Implement and maintain PCI compliance standards for all of BRTC.
• Lead Deb Fennell box office set up and tear down for the summer season.
• Maintain highest quality of customer service for all BRTC patrons.
• Assist in the training of seasonal staff.
• Sell tickets to patrons during designated box office hours.
• Help manage ticket inventory and provides ticketing services for all BRTC subscribers and single ticket patrons, and for other BRTC events or activities as needed.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of ticketing software and ticketing policies.
• Assist the patron services manager with volunteer coordination: manage the Volgistics database, including event set-up, recruiting, volunteer communication and tracking.
• Oversee box office phones, including phone messages, and help maintain phone systems.
• Help keep marketing and box office staff informed of on-going patron needs, complaints, problems, or other feed-back to assist us in providing excellent customer service and meeting the needs of our patrons.
• Participate in meetings as needed.
• Assist with office projects as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 2+ years’ experience in customer service or sales.
• 1+ year of professional box office experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura and T-STATS, or compatible CRM management and ticketing systems.
• 3+ years’ IT experience required, and a comfort working with various software and hardware.
• SQL experience is preferred.
• Network administration experience is a plus.
• Competency in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours, including weekends.
• Excellent active listening skills and verbal communication skills.
• Interest and/or an appreciation of musical theater.
• Current or ability to acquire an OLCC license.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume with subject line “Assistant Patron Services Manager” to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Click here for audition information.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.