Join the Broadway Rose team!
Broadway Rose has a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. Staff members are creative and enjoy working with each other as well as having contact with local and national actors, directors, and artistic personnel. We strive to cultivate and promote an approachable and friendly atmosphere among our staff, donors, and patrons.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company’s mission is to create unparalleled musical theater experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities. We have been producing professional musical theater in Tigard, OR since 1992. We’re the largest non-profit professional musical theater company in the Portland metro area. Our season includes six mainstage musicals and three youth musicals. Our youth outreach includes drama camps and classes, free school performances, a student technical internship program and subsidized tickets.
Broadway Rose is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time Box Office Representative
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is looking for energetic customer service minded applicants to work in our box office over the summer.
Responsibilities: Box office representatives are empowered to provide direct customer service over the phone and at the box office counter, by selling single and season tickets, helping with subscription maintenance, and answering questions about Broadway Rose Theatre Company. Box Office Representatives can expect to do the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons over the phone, by email, and in person.
- Work well with the current customer service team.
- Help with the day-to-day tasks in the box office.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including week days and nights, and weekends.
- Communicate any customer service issues that may need special attention to the patron services manager.
- Know about and implement current marketing promotions.
- Assist with office projects as needed.
- Be able to operate our point of sale software (Tessitura), and MS Office suites.
- Applicants should have customer service experience.
- Theater and Box office (specifically Tessitura) experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Be able to lift 10-20 Lbs., and walk stairs comfortably.
- Part-time availability between June 6th and August 21st: Must be available for training and work during this time frame.
- Must have personal reliable transportation.
- Excellent cash handling skills.
This is a part-time position with varied daytime and evening hours. Complimentary tickets to our 2016 summer productions, including children’s and main stage shows.
Hourly rate is based on experience.
Deadline to apply: May 13, 2016.
Patron Services Manager
Broadway Rose Theatre Company
No phone calls please.
Click here for audition information.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.