Join the Broadway Rose team!
Broadway Rose has a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. Staff members are creative and enjoy working with each other as well as having contact with local and national actors, directors, and artistic personnel. We strive to cultivate and promote an approachable and friendly atmosphere among our staff, donors, and patrons.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company’s mission is to create unparalleled musical theatre experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities. We have been producing professional musical theater in Tigard, OR since 1992. We’re the largest non-profit professional musical theater company in the Portland metro area. Our season includes six mainstage musicals and three youth musicals. Our youth outreach includes drama camps and classes, free school performances, a student technical internship program and subsidized tickets.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is committed to its work in improving equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and fostering an environment where all people are welcome. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and look forward to welcoming applications from a diverse pool of applicants. Broadway Rose provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Position: Access Manager and Patron Services Assistant Manager – Full-time (40 hours per week), exempt
The Access Manager and Patron Services Assistant Manager aides in the administrative duties of the box office, including, but not limited to, patron assistance via phone and email, season seating, and the creation and supervision of department policy and procedure. Additionally, the Access Manager serves as an in-house expert on accessibility services for patrons and visitors with disabilities. They oversee, develop, design, evaluate, and execute the accessibility initiatives, programs, and accommodations.
· Assists Patron Service Manager with box office duties, including phone sales, emails, season seating, and online components of ticketing system
· Creates and keeps track of BRTC access initiatives and projects
· Writes and performs audio description for every production
· Writes captioning for BRTC videos
· Creates sensory guides for every production
· Main point of contact for patrons and staff regarding ADA accommodations and questions
· Provides excellent, friendly customer service to all patrons, providing specifically sensitive care to patrons with disabilities or additional needs at time of booking
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Advanced organizational, analytical, and project management skills
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Standard office environment with related phone, computer, and printer noise. Position requires ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, and phone system.
· Microsoft Office suite or similar software
· Box Office CRM software
· Tessitura experience preferred
· Web design experience
Salary: Full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position. Starting salary at $32,000 to $34,000/year plus benefits (health, vision, dental insurance) depending on experience.
Start Date: August 2, 2021
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Tyler Kubat, Patron Services Manager
Click here for audition information.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.