Join the Broadway Rose team!
Broadway Rose has a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. Staff members are creative and enjoy working with each other as well as having contact with local and national actors, directors, and artistic personnel. We strive to cultivate and promote an approachable and friendly atmosphere among our staff, donors, and patrons.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company’s mission is to create unparalleled musical theater experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities. We have been producing professional musical theater in Tigard, OR since 1992. We’re the largest non-profit professional musical theater company in the Portland metro area. Our season includes six mainstage musicals and three youth musicals. Our youth outreach includes drama camps and classes, free school performances, a student technical internship program and subsidized tickets.
Position: Grants Manager – Part-time (25 hours per week), exempt
The Grants Manager supports the Development Director in achieving annual development revenue goals. As a member of the Development team, the Grants Manager is responsible for writing, submitting and managing grants proposals and reports to private foundations, public/government funders, and corporate foundation partners. The Grants Manager will also assist the Development Director in any special campaign fundraising opportunities.
* Support Development Director to meet annual grant revenue goals ($200,000 in 2019)
* Write and submit grant proposals, for both non-restricted and restricted support, in an accurate and timely fashion
* Upon notification of a grant award, work with Development Manager to thank the funding organization and sign and return required paperwork in a timely fashion
* Write and submit accurate and timely grant reports to funders
* Work with Development Director and Production team in preparing and securing budgets and supplementary materials for grant proposals
* Ensure funding organizations are appropriately acknowledged and that Broadway Rose is in compliance with grant agreement terms
* Maintain accurate grant application and reporting calendar
* Track funding progress and provide status reports as needed
* Gather and maintain organizational “grant stats” data document
* Research and evaluate new annual funding and special campaign opportunities
* Participate in fundraising events, (such as annual gala, opening night party, etc.), to help recognize, thank and cultivate donors and funders
* Maintain positive relationships with key personnel at grant-making organizations.
* Attend grant-making workshops and seminars for professional development and networking opportunities as appropriate
* With Community Engagement Coordinator, document youth outreach activities for purposes of youth programming grants (i.e. reach out to school teachers, parents, interns, camp attendees for program feedback) and create/distribute youth outreach program survey to YMCA and N PDX community daycares receiving discounted tickets
* Create/distribute artistic programming surveys to artists, interns and employees upon close of each show
* With Community Engagement Coordinator, distribute RACC demographic surveys to volunteers, audience members, board, artists, employees and interns, and tabulate results.
* Writing experience – preferably (funded) grants
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Understanding of grant application and reporting process
* Appreciation for the theatre arts
* Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision
* Ability to research grant opportunities available
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects
* Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data
Salary: Part-time (25 hours per week) exempt position at $25,000/year plus benefits (health, vision, dental insurance)
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three professional references, and an applicable writing sample to:
deShauna Jones, Development Director
Applications are due by December 15, 2018
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is committed to its work in improving its equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and fostering an environment where all people are welcome. We look forward to welcoming applications from a diverse pool of applicants. Broadway Rose provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Click here for audition information.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.