Join the Broadway Rose team!
Broadway Rose has a collaborative and inclusive atmosphere. Staff members are creative and enjoy working with each other as well as having contact with local and national actors, directors, and artistic personnel. We strive to cultivate and promote an approachable and friendly atmosphere among our staff, donors, and patrons.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company’s mission is to create unparalleled musical theatre experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities. We have been producing professional musical theater in Tigard, OR since 1992. We’re the largest non-profit professional musical theater company in the Portland metro area. Our season includes six mainstage musicals and three youth musicals. Our youth outreach includes drama camps and classes, free school performances, a student technical internship program and subsidized tickets.
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is committed to its work in improving equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts and fostering an environment where all people are welcome. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and look forward to welcoming applications from a diverse pool of applicants. Broadway Rose provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Position: Development Manager – Full-time (40 hours per week), exempt
The Development Manager supports the Development Director in achieving annual development revenue goals. The Development Manager is responsible for writing, submitting, and managing grants proposals and reports to private foundations, public/government funders, and corporate foundation partners. The Development Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining individual donor relationships and will manage a portfolio of mid-level donors. The Development Manager will assist the Development Director in any special campaign fundraising opportunities.Development Manager duties:
- Meet or exceed annual grant revenue goals as established each year.
- Write and submit accurate annual grant proposals, for both non-restricted and restricted support, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain accurate grant application and reporting calendar.
- Thank and acknowledge each funding organization and sign and return required paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Write and submit accurate grant reports to funders.
- Work with Development Director and Production team in preparing and securing budgets and supplementary materials for grant proposals.
- Ensure funding organizations are appropriately acknowledged and that Broadway Rose is in compliance with grant agreement terms.
- Track funding progress and provide status reports as needed.
- Gather and maintain organizational “grant stats” data document.
- Research and evaluate new annual funding and special campaign opportunities.
- Work with Development Director to write and submit all grant proposals identified for the current capital campaign.
- Work with Development Director in creating and maintaining support pieces for the capital campaign.
- Maintain positive relationships with key personnel at grant-making organizations.
- Attend grant-making workshops and seminars for professional development and networking opportunities as appropriate.
- With Community Engagement Coordinator, document youth outreach activities for purposes of youth programming grants and to identify new sources of funding.
- Create/distribute artistic programming surveys to artists, interns, and employees upon close of each show.
- With Community Engagement Coordinator, distribute Regional Arts and Culture Council (RACC) demographic surveys to volunteers, audience members, board, artists, employees and interns, and tabulate results.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level annual donors ($250 – $999) by creating moves management strategies specific to each donor. Strategies will include regular communication including phone calls and individual meetings. Create and document steps for engagement in Tessitura (ticketing and development management software).
- Work with Development team to determine invite lists and content for weekly in-person or virtual donor coffees and attend each and take notes to enter into Tessitura.
- Work with Development Director to staff the Marquee Lounge (private donor lounge) during live performances.
- Assist the Development team in managing the annual fundraising gala. (As the 2021 annual gala is anticipated to be a virtual event, this will require working with Development, Marketing and Production teams with all technical and pre- and post- donor solicitation activities).
- Participate in all Development events (annual gala, opening night party, cabaret lunch, Curtain Up!, Sneak Peek invited rehearsal) to help recognize, thank, and cultivate donors and funders.
- Writing experience – preferably (funded) grants
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of grant application and reporting process
- Appreciation for the theatre arts
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and remain flexible
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data
- Advanced Word and Excel skills preferred with familiarity with InDesign and PowerPoint a plus
- Familiarity with Tessitura software or similar donor software desirable, but not required
Salary: Full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position. Starting salary at $38,000 to $42,000/year plus benefits (health, vision, dental insurance) depending on experience.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references, and an applicable writing sample to deShauna Jones, Development Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for audition information.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.