Broadway Rose Theatre Company has been providing the Technical Internship Program for students since the organization’s inception in 1992. The Technical Internship Program fosters relationships between professionals and local high school and college students to train and mentor young adults interested in learning all aspects of technical theatre.
Our paid interns work in a variety of technical positions including spotlight operator, light board operator, running crew, dresser, and assistant stage manager. Students gain practical, hands-on experience within a professional company which leaves them better prepared for collegiate theatre programs and professional theatre work. For those who decide on a professional career in theatre, their internship with Broadway Rose provides an excellent springboard for professional networking. Artists who work with the interns assist them in cultivating important relationships with other professionals in the performing arts. Interviews take place each spring for the summer season.
2022 Internship Timeline:
- Applications for internships are now open. Click here to apply.
- Applications due by February 27.
- Interviews will be March 4 and 7.
- Offers will be going out March 11 – 25, and all crews for the summer shows will be finalized March 25.
- Summer Internship Orientation takes place June 4.