2016 Season Auditions
Broadway Rose Theatre Company is holding auditions for the 2016 season mainstage musical The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (directed by Annie Kaiser, choreographed by Dan Murphy, with musical direction by Jeffrey Childs. Performances are Jan. 28 – Feb. 28, 2016). Auditions will be by appointment only at the Broadway Rose New Stage. Broadway Rose hires Equity Guest Artists and Non-Equity performers. All ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
Sunday, October 4, 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 7, 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
All callback auditions are by invitation only and auditioners will be notified via email. Callbacks are:
Sunday, October 11, 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
▪ 18 years old or older only, please.
▪ Please prepare 32 bars. (Bring an alternate song in case you are asked to sing something else.) Songs must be memorized. Bring sheet music in your own key (music will not be transposed). Accompanist will be provided. Be prepared to sing a second song if requested. No taped or a cappella music.
▪ A comedic monologue is recommended but not required.
▪ Please bring a current non-returnable photo and resume.
▪ Please bring your calendar to list your conflicts.
▪ Auditions will be held at Broadway Rose’s New Stage, 12850 SW Grant Avenue in Tigard.
▪ Please arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than your audition time to complete an audition form.
▪ Women, please wear a skirt and heels or flats.
To make an audition appointment, please email Dan Murphy at email@example.com or call Dan at 503.906.2375. Scripts are available for perusal by arrangement with Dan.