2016 Season Auditions
Broadway Rose seeks diverse theatre artists to join our mission to create unparalleled musical theater experiences that invigorate audiences and enrich our communities.
We hire both Equity Guest Artists and Non-Equity performers and encourage artists of all ethnicities to audition.
We are holding auditions for the following 2016 season mainstage musicals:
West Side Story
Directed by Peggy Taphorn, choreographed by Jacob A. Toth, with musical direction by Alan Lytle.
Performances are Jun. 30 – Jul. 24, 2016.
View West Side Story Character Descriptions (PDF)
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Directed and choreographed by Abe Reybold, musical direction by Eric Nordeen.
Performances are Aug. 4 – 21, 2016.
(Please note: The role of Pseudolus has already been cast.)
View Forum Character Descriptions (PDF)
Auditions will be by appointment only at the Broadway Rose New Stage.
Tuesday, March 1, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 2, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 3, 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 5, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 6, 1:00 – 9:00 p.m.
All callback auditions are by invitation only and auditioners will be notified via email. Callbacks are:
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and Fly By Night:
Saturday, March 12, 1:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, March 13, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. *Note Daylight Savings Time
West Side Story:
Sunday, March 20, 10:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, March 21, 6:00 – 10:00 p.m.
▪ 18 years old or older only, please.
▪ Please prepare 32 bars. (Bring an alternate song in case you are asked to sing something else.) Songs must be memorized. Bring sheet music in your own key (music will not be transposed). Accompanist will be provided. Be prepared to sing a second song if requested. No taped or a cappella music.
▪ A comedic monologue is recommended but not required.
▪ Please bring a current non-returnable photo and resume.
▪ Please bring your calendar to list your conflicts.
▪ Auditions will be held at Broadway Rose’s New Stage, 12850 SW Grant Avenue in Tigard.
▪ Please arrive at least 10 minutes earlier than your audition time to complete an audition form.
▪ Women, please wear a skirt and heels or flats.
To make an audition appointment, please email Dan Murphy at email@example.com or call Dan at 503.906.2375. Scripts are available for perusal by arrangement with Dan.