Enjoy Broadway Rose productions with a group of 10 or more and receive a discount on each ticket! Bring your friends, family, or co-workers together to enjoy fantastic musical theatre. We will happily accommodate your group, large or small, and work with you to ensure a fun and memorable experience. Broadway Rose offers exceptional musicals at affordable prices and convenient locations with free parking, accessible seating, and food and beverage concessions.
Book your group for up to 10% off regular ticket prices. Group discounts are not available for Preview or matinee performances, or Fridays in the upper section.
Ready to book? Let’s go!
- Select a performance and estimate how many people will be attending.
- Call the box office at 503.620.5262 to reserve tickets with a $100 deposit to hold your seats.
- Final payment is due two weeks prior to your performance.
- Enjoy the show!
General Information and Policies
- The theater requires the use of stairs to access most seating. Please scroll down to see performance location and “Accessibility and Safety” to read the group safety policies.
- A minimum of 10 purchased tickets are required to receive a group discount. Reducing an order to fewer than 10 tickets per performance disqualifies the order from group prices and regular ticket rates apply.
- Group ticket discounts are not offered for mainstage preview night performances or Friday evening performances in the upper section of the New Stage Theatre.
- Price quotes and a hold on seats are good for two weeks from the date of booking.
- Multiple dates require separate deposits for each show.
- Final payment is due two weeks prior to your performance. If the headcount changes, please call and we will adjust the order.
- Group reservations made less than two weeks prior to the performance must be paid in full upon ordering.
- Tickets can be picked-up at will call one hour prior to curtain or can be mailed, time permitting.
- Bus parking is available next door at Charles F. Tigard Elementary.
Need more information?
For further inquiries about group tickets, please call the box office at 503.620.5262 Monday through Friday from noon to 6:00 p.m. or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility & Safety
The following is for groups with mobility needs and is important for the safety of all patrons attending. Failure to comply will result in ineligibility to purchase group tickets for future performances.
- Broadway Rose Theatre staff or volunteers cannot assist groups with mobility needs. For safety reasons, we require groups to provide one certified attendant for every ten guests in addition to the bus driver with patrons that require assistance navigating ramps, stairs, and/or restrooms. If patrons require restroom assistance, attendants must accompany them.
- Attendants are required to assist the individual group members to their seats, storing and accessing walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, etc., and (if necessary) physically assist individual group members to transfer from a wheelchair to a seat.
- The theatre requires the use of stairs to access most seating. Accessible seating for patrons with mobility needs, including patrons using wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, canes, and crutches, is limited and tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Please alert the box office of your guests’ needs at the time of booking. New seats will not be assigned if patron is unable to occupy the purchased seat.
- For safety reasons, attendants are required to stay in the theater or lobby during the performance and may not leave the group unattended throughout the performance.
Visit our Accessibility page for a complete list of services we offer.
If your group has more than two patrons with accessibility needs, please call Spirit Elder, Patron Services Assistant Manager at 503.906.2378 to book your tickets.
Attending the Performance
- The lobby opens 60 minutes and seating begins 30 minutes before the performance. We suggest groups arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the performance to allow time to be seated comfortably.
- Group leaders are responsible for the tracking and distribution of tickets prior to entering the theater lobby.
- Performances begin promptly. Late arrival seating and re-entry into the theater at any point during the performance is at the discretion of the house manager.
- Cell phone use (including text messaging) is not permitted during the performance.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the theater.
- Children under the age of six are not admitted to mainstage productions. All ages are welcome at summer children’s musicals.
For more information, call the box office at 503.620.5262 or email email@example.com
All of these terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.